A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

My Work

Mount Teide in snow.
Here on Tenerife we sometimes can enjoy all the seasons of the year in the same time!
(Teide hasn't got any snow at the moment, this is an old photo)

I didn't make it to go with the guys up to Teide and Masca yesterday.
I went to bed around 4 o' clock in the morning but couldn't fall to sleep before about 6 o'clock.
This is how it is when you live on Tenerife and have got the day turned into night and the night turned into day!
I would only have got about 3 hours sleep and that's not enough when I work in the night.
I give my work all priority and it's important that I get the sleep I need to have the energy it takes. I must sleep at least 6-7 hours between every venue!

Sometimes people become a little bit jealous when they get to know that I only work 3 hours per night 5 nights a week. Many here on Tenerife work for 8-10 hours per day, 5 or 6 days a week.
They think I'm living a vacation life here and don't understand how much energy it takes to be on the stage even when it's only 3 hours.
You are active all the time during these hours and give out a lot of energy while you sing and it makes you quite tired out.
Other artists on this planet maybe work for 1 hour 3-4 nights a week but here we only can dream about that kind of life.
He,he! This post maybe sounds like a long complain, but I like my work and I wouldn't like to change to a 8-4 job! Never!!!

Anyhow, it's also quite a lot of work to do, that nobody see, and if I include the time when I buy my outfits, plan them, wash them + do ironing, look for new songs, do rehearsal of new songs, learn new dances, dress myself and do makeup etc my work is maybe about 5-6 hours, 5 days a week.

I know you should not make a lot of plans for the future when you don't even know what you really want to do with your life...but my thought right now is that I would like to stay and sing on Tenerife this winter, at least...maybe even for a few more years..?
But, my Mam called me yesterday and now I miss my family so much and think I must go and visit Finland for some months next summer...? We'll see!


.

No comments: