A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Monday, July 04, 2011

Tegenaria Atrica




I'm very afraid of spiders. I don't know why but many times it seams like they know about it and like to make me scared. They always leave the people around me in peace while they walk straight up to me.

Last night when I went to bed, here in my moms house in Finland, I almost got a heartattack when this kind of spider suddenly walked up along the wall. I went to the kitchen and got a brush and a dustpan, thought I somehow must get it moved out to the yard, but it moved very quickly and I couldn't catch it.

I really tried to not make any noise, when the other people in the house already had went to bed, but in the end they all woke up and hurried over to my room wandering what's going on.
My sister Ann finally caught the spider and carried it out to the yard. She takes spiders by hand while I'm more or less hysteric just looking at them.

This spider is the biggest one of the house spiders in Finland and it was named 'The spider of Europe' year 2008.
It's size can be up to 10 cm in diameter but the one in my room was about 5-6 cm.
It's not dangerous and it doesn't bite but looks like a monster and many people are afraid of it.




.

No comments: