A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The surgery is put on hold

I have been to the hospital today and met the surgeon who is going to do the operation of the hernia and esophagus sphincter in the future.
I have now been through all the tests and got all the answers and today he carefully explained everything for me and showed me how it looks on the x-ray pictures etc.

Good news is that the hernia is not as bad as they thought from the beginning when they did the gastroscopy examination. It's smaller.
There is a leakage of the acids into the esophagus and I will probably also need a strengthen of the lower esophageal sphincter (the muscle that prevents acid from backing up into the esophagus) in the future. But we will wait and see.

There are risks with the surgery and I will try to keep it on hold as long as possible.
Right now I feel like normal because of the medication and I hope I will make it only with one pill a day for
at least some years.
The surgeon will follow the process and do check ups and he will see me again in the beginning of August.

I am so happy now and tonight we start playing again and a group of line dancers from England called us today and are on the way to the island.
We both really look forward to start working tonight.


Me at restaurant Greek Corner in Las Americas last night.


Clas is waiting for the dinner.


Romantic view during the dinner.

No comments: