A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Line dance teaching



It has been lovely weather again today and I have been sitting out on the balcony to try to get some tan. The tourists look so beautiful when they are out in the sun and on the beach all day long and sometimes I feel we look like pale ghosts compared to them. Thanks to the tanned creams that many times help out the situation.

I was asked last night to start teaching line dancing to an English group of dancers here on the island. I didn't say no directly when I thought I have to think about it. I have got many teach requests from the audience this last winter and understand there is really a need of it. There are also some Scandinavians here in the wintertime who would like to learn the line dances that we do in the nights.
Today I have been thinking on the balcony and I decided to not do it.
It takes a lot of energy to stand on the stage 6 nights a week + we release two new CD-albums every year + all other things that need to be done and it probably would make me grow weary.
I like line dancing but to be honest I have only been dancing for one and a half year myself and I have still got much to learn. To start teaching it to others would demand a lot of hours every week when I'm not even good in using the dance glossary which has to be called out in the same time as you teach the dance. If you start teaching you need to do it properly and I don't feel ready for it now but leave it open for the future if I would change my mind.

No comments: