A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My son Daniel

My younger son Daniel called me today. He is on a boat outside of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria right now. That means he is not far away from us at all.
The next harbor they will enter is in Dakar, Senegal, Africa which makes me little bit worried when I have heard it's a lot of crime there.
After Dakar they will go down to Lagos in Nigeria which means they are sailing down along half of the African East coast.
He said they are prepared and will check the boat carefully when they leave the harbors.
It's common that people are hiding on board trying to get to Europe and get a luxury life as they believe.
He is only 22 years old. When he was 19 years old he was sailing from Canada down to Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay twice and he has been in really many places and countries already in his life.
He will get back home in September and then he maybe will come and see us.

No comments: