A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lunch with Antonio

Restaurant Galeon is at the beachfront in Los cristianos, with a
view over the harbor, and you can watch the ferries coming and going.

I have spent the whole afternoon out on town with Antonio, a Spanish guy who is a friend of mine. He is actually a real Canarian, born and grown up here on the island.

He invited me to come out for lunch with him today and we went to one of his favorite restaurants down at the seafront here in Los Cristianos, called El Bar Galeon.
The meal was really lovely and I will for sure be back.

I have been speaking Spanish the whole afternoon and I must tell you I am very surprised about how much Spanish I have learned since I moved down to the island. We were chatting about everything between heaven and earth and I understood everything that he said and he understood everything that I said!
I am so happy now! I understand much more Spanish than I ever thought even when I don't speak it correctly!
His brother Manolo also showed up after a while and I could even understand what they were saying to each other even when they use the difficult Canarian accent when they talk.

Antonio invited me today to come with him to the neighbor island La Palma for a few days.
He has been there many times and would like to show me the whole island.
We would rent a car when we get there and travel around and look at everything that's of interest.
To be honest with you it's quite interesting when I haven't seen La Palma yet, but we'll see!

La Palma is called "La isla bonita" among the Canarians, which in English means "The beautiful island", so it's for sure a beautiful island.
I have, anyhow, not promised to go there yet when I don't really know how my future is gonna be. I must think about it for a while before I decide.
Maybe I also will work so much now that I don't get the possibility to go there...?! We'll see!


Notice the hand of Antonio!
He has a lot of tattoos every where and I think his hand looks so cool.

No comments: