A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

A nice receipt

Yesterday we didn't do much. I made a dinner for us in the night and was surprised myself how well it turned out.
I made a fillet steak of pork and found a receipt, in a magazine, that said you should boil the steak in dry white wine together with onion slices and apple slices for 15 minutes and then fry it in butter. After that you let it rest for about 5 minutes and then slice it and sprinkle flakes of gourmet salt over it.
I did it and made a sauce of mint, honey, oil and balm vinegar that I poured all over it. I tell you it was lovely! I will definitely make it again. Mint taste and pork, that goes well together!
I also made 7 different root vegetables, including small potatoes in the oven. I cut them all in pieces and put them in the baking tin and poured a mix of oil, squeezed garlic, black pepper and salt over them and baked them for about half an hour. Easy and very delicious!
And with them I served an other sauce made of Creame Fraishe mixed with a little Thai sweet and sour sauce.
It's very seldom we make dinner at home. Maybe about 10-15 times a year. But it's really fun to do it if you just have got time.

Tonight we were out down town eating a Thai dinner at a Chinese restaurant. It was very lovely and we got a lot of different dishes and a soup as a starter that was outstanding. We have had this meal before and like it very much.

Clas has started packing the suitcases and ask me if I need my jogging shoes...I need to go and see what's up!
I will probably not blog anything while we are on El Hierro when I don't think there is any internet cafe'...but if there is I maybe give you an "in the middle report" while we are there.
Have a nice week!

1 comment:

Kiika said...

Trevlig semester!