A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Monkey Park


This morning I went to The Monkey Park with Bob and June, two English friends.
We had a good luck when the rain didn't fall at all while we were there.
A heavy downpour stated soon after we got out.
The moneys were anyhow a little bit slow today.
Maybe they had a bad night sleep when it was raining and thunder storming last night?

I maybe shouldn't tell this,... but I caused a minor catastrophe at the park today!
I forgot to close my bag when I took out the camera and
a small Pippi Longstocking monkey stole a package of chewing gum out from the bag
and run up in a tree and started opening the package.
First we thought it took my mobile phone but when I looked more
carefully I saw it was the chewing gum.
It didn't take long before it got the package opened and two other
monkeys took the opportunity to also have a taste.

Oh, this is exactly what is not allowed to happen when you go into the cages and
I became quite shocked and run to the information desk to tell what had happened.
A farm worker came to the cage and when he clapped his hands together the
monkeys become so scared that they lost all they had at hands.
I still get goose pimples when I think about it!

I've made a short video clip of a few Ringtail Limas (lemurs) and a couple of Pippi monkeys.
Please, click on the little arrow to watch it.





No comments: