A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The cockroaches















We are now in the time of the year when the big cockroaches start flying around.
A couple of nights ago we had a big one on our balcony.
We were sitting and talking and suddenly I saw the big monster walking up the wall behind Clas.
I was first so chocked that I hardly couldn't speak. When Clas sprayed the poison on it, it first took off and started flying but landed finally on the floor and died after a while.
Next day Clas took this photo of it before he throw it away.

I don't know if there is a phobia about cockroaches but I am very scared of them. Many times when I see them on the pavement somewhere it looks like they try to run upon my feet and they almost scare me out of my wits.
And I hate to see their hairy legs when I ones, in Puerto de la Cruz, had one crawling up along my leg and could feel how hairy they are.

Last summer it seamed like they had a date or something at Lewinski.
Hundreds of cockroaches flew into the terrace in the nights and they were crawling everywhere. Even on the guests and some were so scared that they screamed and run out from the restaurant.
I brought my own cockroach spray there and before we started in the nights I sprayed like a "pet stop fence" around the place where we stood and played. Maybe it helped when I am still alive.
The restaurant had to consult expertise to get rid of them.

So far this year we haven't had any problems. I think it's only 5 cockroaches who has wandered into the terrace so far this month.
I hope they will choose an other place for their honeymoon this year.

No comments: