A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SUN - Not for me?















We have been out the whole night eating a five course meal at the beach front.
After the meal we were walking through the town like spies checking out if there are any tourists in the other restaurants but it was quiet everywhere. The most of the restaurants had been closing down early and the ones that have live music had 12-20 guests each. But while we were eating we saw many planes coming in. It's a change over day for the tourists today and tomorrow we will have some new guests again.

The sunburn is really terrible now. We have been laying on the bed with a big fan blowing at us since we came back home. The skin of my face, the stomach, the arms and ankles is burning like in a fire.
I am more burned than Clas who has only got red shoulders.
We will probably have to sleep in the breeze from the fan this night.

I am more and more convinced that the sunbathing isn't for me.
Some times I don't get any tan even when I spend a day out in the sun. Other times I start looking like a barbecued sausage, like now.
Some years ago I decided I will get my tan from a solarium. Quick and easy! I got an appointment and went there.
There was a sign on the wall saying you shouldn't stay more than 20 minutes each time in the tube. I thought 20 minutes will not make any difference on my skin color and payed two fees to the automatic machine, which means I got 40 minutes to spend.
Oh, what an experience! I was red as an lobster and my behind was so burned that I almost couldn't sit down for two days! Not fun at all!

No comments: