A blog about Tenerife, Linedancing, Food, Shopping etc.

.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Makeup is my hobby


It struck me that some of you maybe don't know anything about my background when it comes to makeup.
First I decided to keep girly things like makeup, fashion and shopping away from the blog but maybe it's alright to write about it every now and then when it really is a big part of my life.


Makeup has always been an interesting topic to me and when I was about seven years old I started doing my first makeup, for fun, with cosmetic left overs from my mum and aunts.
When I was 21 years old I went to a school called ColorCare in Gothenburg Sweden and was trained in how to apply makeup in a more professional way.
ColorCare is not only a school for makeup. We were also trained in color analytics, which is about to learn to see what different clothes and makeup colors fit different persons. What colors fit together and about different outfit styles, hair styles, accessories, eyeglass styling etc.

When I was ready from the school I founded my own company with a saloon in Finland.
I kept makeup courses for ladies, associations and school classes, gave color analytics to people and gave them hints about how to style themselves and showed them what makeup to use etc.
It was really fun but later the work at the music company Clas and I run together took a lot of my time and the activity in the company decreased.
Now, 15 years later, I am still very interested in cosmetics and styling and read a lot about it and try out a lot of products to be updated.

No comments: